Black Crafters Guild

African Diasporans creating, decorating, and artistically altering by hand

Given the state of the economy in the US, and gas prices going up seemingly every day, have you seen a reduction in attendance and sales at shows you've participated in so far this year?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The 2 events I went to to sell my books at weren't craft shows, but they did seem to be normally attended. It'll be interesting to see how many show for the June 7 events. How about you?
I've heard that some people are carpooling more, but I don't know if they're the ones who were carpooling before the gas prices or not.
As I wrote in my blog, my first show of the year last month was not as well attended as last year, and my sales were down about 40%. I think people are scaling back, and as a result, I've adjusted my prices a bit. I have to hope that my customers are people who aren't severely affected by the economy, and will buy anyway (I can hope, can't I?!). As I head to my next show in about 9 days, I'm looking forward to a new market, and a well-known and well-respected event (Piccolo Spoleto Festival, in Charleston, SC). I'll let you know how it goes!

RSS

© 2024   Created by cheryl.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service