Black Crafters Guild

African Diasporans creating, decorating, and artistically altering by hand

Photographing items for your website (creating floating pictures)

" Lighting is very important. When shooting pictures, make sure that the subject is far from the backdrop. Use many external flashes around the object and behind it to eliminate any shadows. The trick to taking this type of photo is that the background and the foreground have to have equal amounts of light so that the object stands out perfectly.

Other than that you can use Photoshop to cut the object out of the picture and eliminate the background totally to create that floating effect.

An object will look like it is floating when all shadows are removed from the shot."

~ Tip provided by 2 Nyce Photography

Clothing made by Angela Best http://blackcrafters.ning.com/profile/AngelaBest

"My camera is a little older and has less pixels than the newer versions. However, I found that my oustide pictures with neutral color backgrounds work well. I stand with my back to the sun so that my body casts a shadow over the jewelry. The lens is so close to the jewelry on a macro setting.

Another way to take pictures inside is to make a light box. We made ours out of foam board and used 3 lights that formed a triangle inside the box but not on the object. No direct light on the object at all. The bulbs should be white light and not blue or yellow since those will change the color of your beads in a photo."

~Tip and photos (bin; jewellery with pliers) provided by Terry

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by cheryl.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service